Monday, June 30, 2008

Found my iceberg!





Logy Bay
Originally uploaded by Jake97tj
After much searching, my GF and I found an iceberg withing shooting distance in Logy Bay. We took a jaunt to the Marine Lab, where we spotted a small, slowly melting Berg just off the shore.

Though the wind was blowing hard and cold, we ventured off the Ural from the parking lot and over the rocks. After jumping a stream and nearly soaking my riding boots, I came out onto a trail that led down onto the shore. The perfect opportunity for my Arctic Gear-Up / Arctic Ice Berg shot! I ran back the the Ural, and with much gusto proceeded to cover the sidecar and mudguards with soupy wet earth before the trail became firm. You can see the faint trail stretching around the left side of the hill in the last photo. Great place for a picnic on a sunny afternoon!

Any suggestions for my next photo challenge?

No comments: